keep your workers safe
Steel Personnel Door Maintenance
Keep your steel doors safe and compliant with maintenance services from Anglia Door Systems
Maintenance customer benefits
Steel Personnel Door Maintenance
A damaged steel personnel which is not functioning properly could pose a significant safety risk to the occupants of the building. For example, a door that is not properly closing or locking could allow unauthorized entry or allow fire or smoke to spread through the building.
Anglia Door’s 24/7 Personnel Door maintenance service can ensure your steel doors are repaired or secured quickly, minimising downtime and reduce potential business losses and expenses.
So if you’re looking for a Steel Personnel Maintenance specialist near you, Anglia Door Systems have experienced, skilled engineers all over East Anglia.
Is it a legal requirement to maintain fire doors?
In the UK, it is a legal requirement for fire exit doors to be properly maintained to ensure that they are in good working order and able to be used in the event of a fire.
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 requires that all fire safety equipment, including fire exit doors, be properly maintained and kept in good repair.
It is the responsibility of the owner or occupier of the building to ensure that fire exit doors are properly maintained.
This includes regular inspections and testing to ensure that the doors are operating correctly and are able to be used in an emergency. Any necessary repairs or maintenance should be carried out in a timely manner to ensure that the doors are in good working order.
Failure to properly maintain fire exit doors can result in fines and legal action. It is important to take the maintenance of fire exit doors seriously to ensure the safety of the occupants of the building.
What do we typically check during our maintenance visit?
- Inspect for any damage to the personnel door.
- Check for visible oil leaks.
- Locking system – condition, alignment and fixings.
- Access control mag lock/electric strike – condition, alignment and fixings. Realign if required.
- Door leaf and frame – condition, alignment and fixings.
- Door seals, condition and fixings (if applicable).
- Threshold – condition, alignment and fixings.
- Glazing/infill panels – condition, alignment and fixings.
- Check door leaf alignment in closed position and adjust if required.
- Check fixings – tighten as required.
- Is signage fitted and is it readable.
- Close a unit type – trance, surface or floor mounted.
- Hinges – condition, alignment and fixings.
- Emergency equipment fitted – condition, alignment and fixings.
- Pivot points (top pivots, dummy transoms, floor bearings) – condition, alignment and fixings.
- Louvres – condition, alignment and fixings (if fitted).
- Bottom rollers/guides – condition, alignment and fixings.
- Is the relevant door and service information correctly displayed.
- Further works/recommendations.
- Check hardware is fitted such as closers, panic bars and hinges
Book your Steel Door Maintenance online
Why not use our online form to book a FREE steel personnel door maintenance survey to your site? We have experienced, DHF trained industrial door engineers based all over East Anglia so we’re never far away.
During the visit, our engineers will ensure your steel personnel door(s) are left in a safe condition and our office will promptly provide you with a quotation for works.